Fine Arts News!
April 24, 2012 10:42 am | Published by admin
Wilsonville High School Art Show:
Our annual show will feature works by all of the students who have been enrolled in studio classes this academic year. The show will run from Tuesday, April 24 to Friday, May 4. Artist Reception & Beauty & the Bridge Open House will be held on Tuesday, April 24, 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. Gallery Hours after the opening reception will be M-F 8:00 to 4:00.
Beauty & the Bridge Open House:
We will host another sneak preview of the public art project that will grace the walls of the Wilsonville Rd. / Interstate-5 expansion. Come see the huge murals depicting flora & fauna of the north Willamette Valley done by students in Wilsonville’s schools. See the laser cut aluminum railings for the bike and pedestrian zones for the bridge project that were designed by the WHS AP Studio Art class. Tuesday, April 24, 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. in the WHS art studio spaces.
NWOC Art Show & Competition winners:
The annual competition featured 15 of the top art students from each of our league’s schools. Milwaukie High School hosted this year’s event on Friday, May 6. These are the Wildcat artists who received awards by the judges:
* Acrylic & Oil painting, FIRST PLACE: Doone Williams
* Drawing, Black & White Media, FIRST PLACE: Brooklyn Cochran
* HONORABLE MENTION: Corinne Luper
* Digital Art, FIRST PLACE: Jason Riggen
* SECOND PLACE: Jason Riggen
* Photography (Digital) HONORABLE MENTION: Sammy Griffin
* Painting, Tempera/Casein/Guache: HONORABLE MENTION: Dillon Silva
* Student Choice Best of Show, SECOND PLACE 3-D: Lauren Salgado
* Faculty Choice Best of Show, THIRD PLACE 3-D: Lauren Salgado
(Photos Courtesy of: Rachel Stark/The Oregonian)